Wednesday, July 4 to Saturday, July 7, 2018
Simon Fraser University, Burnaby Campus, BC
The following individuals are eligible to participate in the program:
a) In principle, those who are currently employed by the applying organization as a Japanese-language teacher and who will continue teaching in the aforementioned organization after their return.
* If you are a Japanese-language teacher who does not meet the above eligibility requirements but still wishes to participate in this program, please contact Ms. Noriko Saito at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b) Those who did not complete their compulsory education (elementary and junior high school, 9 years) in Japan.
This is a four-day workshop designed for non-native Japanese language teachers, including a one-day workshop open to other teachers on the first day. (Teachers interested in registering only in the one-day workshop can do so at https://tr.jpf.go.jp/event/workshop180704/.)
For the first day, Mr. Murakami will conduct a workshop: “Teaching Japanese as an Autonomous Learner.”
The remaining three days are an “overnight camp” workshop, focusing on autonomous learning with the goal of brushing up participants’ Japanese skills.
Day 1 (July 4): One-day workshop: “Teaching Japanese as an Autonomous Learner”
How to grow as a teacher, and as a Japanese/English/French user
- Autonomous Learning Strategies (Oxford SILL, CBLL)
- Autonomous Learning Resources (Extensive reading, online, collection of conversation topics)
- How to use online tools (Zoom etc.)
Day2 (July 5):
- Sharing learning methods
- Self-Reflection (What kind of Japanese language do you want to study? What you want to be able to do?)
- Trying out various resources
- Planning for autonomous learning on the next day.
Day 3 (July 6):
- Autonomous learning based on the plan from the day before
- Sharing progress and any changes
Day 4 (July 7):
- Discussion of continuing learning after the workshop
Conducted primarily in Japanese.
JFT will bear the following expenses in accordance with its regulations.
* Please note that the participants who apply after May 22 may not be able to receive accommodation provided by JFT.
b) Training program
The participants will bear the following expenses:
a) Cost for travel
b) Meals during the program
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to Ms. Noriko Saito (email@example.com) at the Japan Foundation, Toronto no later than June 10, 2018.
Click here to download the application instructions(UPDATED MAY 23, 2018) Click here to download the application form(UPDATED MAY 23, 2018)
Noriko Saito (416)-966-1600 ext. 224 firstname.lastname@example.org