Here at the Japan Foundation, Toronto our Japanese language courses are open to observation to offer teachers and students in Canada a chance to learn about and learn through the Japan Foundation’s Marugoto textbook series as well as the JF Standard for Japanese Language Education.
For the course schedule for Term 2, please click here. For information about our 2022-2023 online Marugoto Japanese Language Courses, please click here.
Observing a Language Class
If you are a Japanese-language teacher in Canada and are interested in observing our online Marugoto courses, or if you are a student interested in joining one of our courses, please read the terms and conditions and then fill out the form below.
For anyone else interested in observing one of our classes, please contact Salma Saleh at email@example.com.
*Please note you must register each time you wish to observe a class.
*Please note that we cannot accept observation requests on final examination days (i.e. the 13th class of the Marugoto course).
Terms and Conditions
- Language class observation is only open to residents of Canada.
- Spaces are limited to a maximum of 5 people per class (subject to change and at the Japan Foundation, Toronto’s discretion).
- Spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no waiting list if a specific date is unavailable.
- Last-minute requests (less than a week in advance) may not be accommodated.
- Students interested in joining our courses are limited to observe only one class. If they are not sure what level is right for them, we are happy to arrange for a placement test either before or after the observation.
- Japanese language teachers are welcome to observe a variety of courses, pending availability.
- All of our courses are recorded for our records and are occasionally used for teachers’ training purposes. All observers are asked to comply with our request for permission to use any footage they may be present in (see “Media Release” in the form below).
- As part of the observation, participants will be asked to fill out a brief survey after the class.
- The Japan Foundation, Toronto reserves the right to remove, without warning, any observers who cause obstruction to the class.
Apply to Observe a Class
*If you are not a Japanese language teacher or a student who is interested in joining our courses, please contact Salma Saleh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*If you are a teacher and would like to observe a class, please note that we accept teachers’ observations starting the fifth week of class for Term 1.
*Please make sure you have carefully read the Terms and Conditions before filling out this form.